Monday, February 22, 2010

What they don't tell you about that long run

The next day I was massively hungry.

Now at first glance, now would be the time to say to yourself, "Self. You deserve to eat anything you want." But the reality of it is I have to train myself to recognize that and embrace the indulgence. But differently.

So at lunch while my chicken was nuking in the microwave, I sat at the counter and ate carrots, cauliflower, broccoli dipped with homemade hummus. Now I was able to cruise through quite a bit of that. Finished my chicken strips I made and realized I was still massively hungry. Grab an apple. Check, now an orange.... Done.

Dinner consisted of a bit of chicken, cooked potatoes and carrots. Also had a frozen smoothy from dannon's yogurt and frozen fruit. And again topped it off with more fresh veggies. Finally satiated.

Some may remember the Times article last summer that says that excersize causes weight gain and not loss. Of course the study was fundamentally flawed. But today it got me thinking. I chose to eat 100% natural and entirely from whole foods.

That is the difference. It's too easy for the population to down a Gatorade, grab processed junk and completely defeat a calorie neutral diet and instead come out calorie positive.

Choices.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, gotta love the hunger. Not sure how many miles you are doing each week, but at 30 to 45 miles per week I am forced to take in 4,000 calories/day or I drastically lose weight. It is a struggle to keep my weight at 172 to 176.

    Glad you are enjoying it. Keep eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, if you are looking for a good way to track calories and diet I use Cron-o-meter. It works awesome.

    http://spaz.ca/cronometer/

    ReplyDelete