Sunday, March 21, 2010

Today's run

Today's run was really cool. Well not cool as in temperature, but cool in a way that was really a testiment to why we *do* training runs.

Today's run was to test what it felt like to go goal marathon pace (9:00 M/M) for a half marathon distance. Last week's 20 miler was a test to see if the cardio gods were smiling enough that I could *go* the marathon distance.

My family accompanied me for some of this run, what a great thing. They rode the bikes while I ran. The youngest towed along behind my wife in a carriage of sorts with the Chiwawa with her. Really good stuff. See we've biked in DC alot and we're pretty dogon good at biking all the monuments and whatnot. The only difference with today was that I wasn't stopping to smell the roses so to speak. They descided at mile 4 to turn around and snap some pictures and leisure their way back while I finished my run.

This worked out really cool actually cause then I really got to the job at hand. Evidently my youngest (5 yrs) got to get her own "training" run in as well. See she's training for the kids fun run while I run my marathon this May's 2nd.

The heat was at least a +10 BPM on my HR monitor and this was a really good guage on what to expect on game day. All in all it was a sub 2 half mary and it really gave me a boost of confidence that I *can* do this marathon. And I should be able to do it the way I've trained.

That's why we train right? To see where we are, what we're currently capable of. I learned alot of things on todays run. I regret nothing. Well I sorta regret that the fam didn't have a better time. Maybe we can figure out a way to make it better for them in the future. It was really nice having them out there with me today.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the half-marathon distance at that pace. I knew you could do this marathon from the day you broke 15 miles. :)

    Your gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete