Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cool thing that happened to me today

So I'm running the perimeter of the base for

today's run

(8.8 miles for those wondering) Approaching mile 6 and I see a line of tail lights. I'm thinking ruh-roh raggy whats going on.

I come trotting up and then realize that they've shut down the perimeter cause the boss is coming in. Shoot. Wonder how long this is going to take I'm thinking. I can see the SF (Security Forces) holding folks up, and confirms it in my mind.

Then I hear the tell tale sound of an engine on landing. Where the fins come out to direct the exhaust of the engines in front of them causing a braking manuever.

Not seconds after that the SF lets the line of cars go, steps out of the center lane and walks off the road.

Without skipping a beat I grin the biggest grin and throw double hand horns up at the SF saying "I couldn't have timed that better! Thought I was going to have to stop!"

So a shout out to my boss and thank the President of the United States for timing his flight today to coincide with my run.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

1 comment:

  1. See, the President is not such a bad guy after all. :)

    It is always fun when things like that happen on a run.

    ReplyDelete